I work at E&E News.
I've been with E&E since 2003. Initially a Production Assistant, over the years my titles have also included Information Systems Manager and Senior Systems Engineer. Now as Co-Director of the Engineering and User Experience team, I manage a group of extraordinary engineers and developers who build the tools to deliver E&E's compelling reporting to our readers. We build and maintain a suite of web applications, apis, and databases, as well as the systems infrastructure that keeps them all running smoothly. Our preferred frameworks are Ruby on Rails and React.
We run a full remote team with most based in the US. I work primarily from Hanoi, Vietnam, and occasionally from Miami Beach, Vermont, or Washington, DC.
Elsewhere on the internet.
I'm @clouvet on Twitter and GitHub. Email sent to christopher.louvet at Gmail will make its way to me.
I write poems.
These have been published.
- Early November, North Carolina
- Saving Daylight in the Anthropocene
- Two Cy Twomblys
- Open the Window to Hear the Ocean
- Friday Afternoon, 73rd Street
- A Partial Taxonomy of Waves
- A Reason to Leave Florida for Maine
- Across the Avenue
- The light at weekend's end is better
- Brackish Rhapsody
- All Things Illegible
- Sestina with Clementines, Beer, and Guitar
- Still Life with Peach