Hi there. I'm Christopher Louvet.
Skills and experience
- Product design and management
- Cloud architecture design and implementation
- Software engineering management
- Information systems design and management
- Building and leading remote teams
- Full stack software engineering
I currently have limited availability for new engagements. Inquire by email.
From 2003 until 2021, I created the technological solutions that enabled E&E to produce original and compelling journalism on energy and environment issues to keep top decisionmakers in government, business, NGOs and academia informed and ahead of the curve. Over the years, I crafted resilient systems, innovative internal products, and a lean, remote-first software engineering team while E&E grew to be an absolute juggernaut and the dominant voice in its issue area.
POLITICO acquired E&E News at the very end of 2020. I contributed to what directors and managers there called the smoothest technology transfer of their careers.
I split my time between Hanoi, Vietnam and Vermont.
My poems have appeared or are forthcoming in the following publications:
- Denver Quarterly (forthcoming)
- The Main Street Rag (forthcoming)
- Black Fox Literary Magazine (forthcoming)
- The Dead Mule School of Southern Literature
- Washington Square Review
- Greensboro Review
- Jai Alai Magazine
- Tigertail: A South Florida Poetry Annual
- Exit 7
- The International Literary Quarterly
- Best New Poets 2008
- McSweeney's Internet Tendency
- The Bitter Oleander
Floating Wolf Quarterly
I designed, developed, edited, and published Floating Wolf Quarterly, an online literary magazine that featured poetry chapbooks in a uniquely readable format suited to electronic devices.
FWQ paired established and emerging writers for each edition. Contributors include recipients of MacArthur, Guggenheim, and Wallace Stegner fellowships. Many of the emerging poets, after appearing in FWQ, have since published their first books.
The magazine was active from 2010 until 2014.